Ghebru Asrat is intentionally misleading the Ethiopian people about Eritrea
Ghebru Asrat is intentionally misleading the Ethiopian people
Ghebru Asrat has written a new book titled “N’LILAWNETN DEMOCRACYN be ETHIOPIA”, in the year of 2014. I heard online radio featuring Ghebru Asrat discussing his book for Ethiopian developmental plan. His discussion coupled with the content of his book can be explained that 99 percent of the time has no any shred of evidence to base with for any intelligent discussion. He is implying that Eritrea is still under a legally bindings contract to Ethiopia. His intention as he exhibited himself was to mislead the Ethiopians into believing his baseless accusations about the sovereignty of the State of Eritrea and its territorial integrity are nothing more than none factually based what so ever. Based on the radio voice, he is unbelievably emotional and irrational person. From a legal standpoint, he has infringed on Eritrea’s national sovereignty with his legally naïve mental capacity.
His ignorance about the rule of law also made him completely and solely liable, by clearly inciting violence toward the people of Ethiopia against the Nation of Eritrea due to his untruthfulness about the entire history of Ethiopia and the State of Eritrea. Therefore, his book was written based from an emotional perspective and not on a well thought out bases. It does not have any worthy of a factual credible source of information.
Any reader who has time to read these slanderous allegations out of his talk and his book the sections that talks about Eritrea should understand that the intensions are an attempt to dismantle a legitimate National Sovereign government of the State of Eritrea. This fellow must learn to present facts before he attempt to openly talk against Shaebia as a separate entity as if not governing and representing the people of Eritrea. Here are brief facts about Eritrea: it become liberated by winning against all odds without the support of the whole world and officially joined the United Nation in 28 May 1993 and distinguished itself with full legal sovereignty right. Now Ghebru Asrat has written a book with large sections of the book has been allocated for the allegations toward Eritrea written from his own mind with no factual facts at all. In fact his arguments are derived from his dreams based on fantasy completely made up and derived from his mind. He said in the past the TPLF was driven through Marxist and Leninist ideology without any foundational belief of their own; based on those rhetoric’s and the different tribal issues of Eritrea he said that: now we understand to think the interest of Ethiopia must come first before Eretria’s peace, security and independence. He further said that he has legal evidence that Eritrea should remain legally bound to Ethiopia under the following premises: (a) he said: In 1889 there were a supposed talk between an Italian man and Emperor Menelik “when the Italians leave Eritrea they will hand Eritrea back to Ethiopia”. (b) All the border treats done between the Italians and Emperor Menelk in the 1900 was done with a supposed understanding when the Italians leave Eritrea they will hand back to Ethiopia. (c) The federal legal contract made between Ethiopia and Eritrea in 1952 he said it was legally and binding with a supposed understanding that Ethiopia must get access to Red Sea. Let me help you Ghebru Asrat once for all: When the status of a country achieves national sovereign legal right and established within the United Nation’s by consent and acceptance, it cannot be undone by one mentally emotional person’s wish. Eritrea’s sovereignty is legally based not emotionally based, and now Ghebru Asrat by his own action it is a proof that he does not believe the independence of Eritrea thus his foundational thinking was negative and exhibited during the video discussion that he is full of hatred toward the Eritreans. His defense about Eritrea’s legally binding to Ethiopia as he discussed them according to the above listed under (a) (b) (c) respectively, the items under (a) and (b) can be sum up as laughable to say the least that there was a supposed talk between the colonizers (Italians) and Emperor Menelik that when the Italians leave Eritrea they will hand back to Ethiopia. I can only ask that: where there any time line known when the Italians will go back to their homes? Or simply they were teasing Emperor Menelik in order to accomplish their agenda meaning to expand their colony by taking over the whole Ethiopia? His third legal evidence shown under (c) the Federal legal contract between Eritrea and Ethiopia was done in 1952. When Haile Sellasie ripped up the contractual agreement, Ethiopia was unable full fill the contract agreement and terminated before the due date was to occur by Hailesellasie; thus at that moment he made the 10 years contract Null and Void. By writing this book Ghebru Asrat exposed himself by following his predecessor’s past footsteps in fabricating lies as the six Tigrayans who translated different religious books and oral traditions put together and called it the “Kebre-Negest make-belief historical legend of King Solomon and Queen Sheba. To my surprise, he even never once mentioned or apologized for the 70,000 Eritrean victims who were rooted out from Ethiopia associated with tremendous human right violations they suffered, stolen all their assets and wealth with tremendous psychological and physical damages inflicted on them. I believe the majority of Ethiopian people will never accept these gross human violations to Eritreans except the minority group of the Weyani Tigrai And Company. In fact, he simply is confusing the Ethiopian people by parroting the Algeria treaty made between Eritrea and Ethiopia as he repeatedly said “it lacks the substance about Ethiopia’s real interest which has never been addressed that is an access to the sea”. During the armed struggle as some witnesses echoed he was even been overheard when he stated “the Red Sea of Eritrea is actually Ethiopian Red Sea”. Those emotional Weyani Groups like Ghebru Asrat must be publically criticized and scrutinized their loose personalities, in competencies and their fraudulent speaking against the peace loving Eritreans. Ghebru Asrat intention when writing this book shows that his goal was quite obviously to mislead the Ethiopian people so then their thinking will be limited from not having any creative ideas that could help Ethiopia toward developmental programs and to overcome negative ideas against corruptions. Instead of writing with fraudulent intent he is wishing that Ethiopians to become busy with useless and illegal talks and no time for the investigations which are needed at this time to identify people like him and label them as the parasites and diseases of Ethiopia which they are.
In any event, here is a list of the ways that must be transmitted to Ghebru Asrat that his book is written to mislead Eritrean and Ethiopian people as follows:
- The words, statements and paragraphs related to the Nation of Eritrea and the State of Eritrea with unsupported claims are illegal and his high level of incompetency is a request that “we Eritreans should be interested to even consider legal inquiry”.
- Ghebru Asrat, claimed that the ownership of the Red-Sea is Ethiopia’s. That includes aspects of his personality and behavior that he is emotional which demonstrate that he has no intelligence at all. He dramatically showed his incompetency as it was exhibited during the interview with Ghebre Ghebremedhin; no intelligence and completely illegal baseless claims what so ever. Therefore, his performance during the interview is the proof that his accuracy should always be called into question, purely emotional with no proper literacy or mental stability.
- During the interview, he is trying to make us believe as if he is offering us with something brand new information by stating that in1889 there were a supposed talk between an Italian man and Emperor Menelik that: “when the Italians leave Eritrea they will hand Eritrea back to Emperor Menelik”. What he is saying is as if the Italians were on vacation in a resort Island named ERITREA with a legal contract between Italians and the Land Lord Emperor Menelik. In fact much of what has been written is garbage. We should not spend our time to even consider his written nonsense.
- He is only offering himself as the only expert than all his Tigrayan entourages and trying to advocate as he put it “the interest of Ethiopia’s need which is: access to the Red Sea by any means”.
- He represents his work as the new discovery from Mekele on Ethiopian Interest access to the Red-Sea which Ethiopia never had a sea so then blaming and accusing Eritrea which is illegal expression against the sovereignty of the Nation the State of Eritrea which could ultimately lead to liability litigation.
- Now we can ask (a) based on his writing and the performance of his interview, what was his personal beliefs during the armed struggle for national liberation and independence of Eritrea from its colonizers? (b) What was his behavioral activity that was exhibited after the independence of Eritrea? Again he is claiming that the “Interest of Ethiopia Access to the Red-Sea” must be taken into consideration at the cost of Eritrea’s sovereignty. In this regard he equates his belief and behavior are not in coherence (harmony) but only exchanged to emotions without ever once considering the legal ramifications against his written material full of inaccurate information.
- Here is an advice to Ghebru Asrat: instead of putting in written form like fairytales that have been supposedly discussed between an Italian guy and the Emperor of Ethiopia; you must think the reality of today without your bolsters lies. You must work to word Peaceful Financial Resolution between Eritrea and Ethiopia. Eritrean victims must receive full compensation for all the damages that resulted from the wrongful of Ethiopia’s atrocities that happened from June 2000 till today. Now Ghebru Asrat when you said you are following your emotions instead your intelligence as you admitted during the interview when you said “politics are not religions” then we Eritreans are observing you that you are not thinking in terms of peace on the behalf of the Ethiopian people. Again we advise you to tell your government to pay Eritrea the fair financial restitution and leave Badme the illegally occupied land by Ethiopian military within very short time. When Ethiopia signs a peaceful financial resolution, then immediately will follow the normalcy relationship between two brotherly neighbors Ethiopia and Eritrea. This kind of thinking can overcome the financial injustice that have incurred for many Eritreans. This would lead most Eritrean’s belief that Ethiopia is moving in a forward direction toward peaceful financial resolution. When Ghebru Asrat learns to think that peace is more valuable than war, then he could better understand the Eritrean perspective and he would realize that it is the ultimate necessary component for developmental plan for Ethiopia, otherwise Eritrea will hold Ethiopia responsible for all the damages occurred after the year of 2000 and also will legally seek to recover all costs for damages it suffered every day that will not stop until a signed peaceful financial resolution executed agreement is reached.
- Lastly, Ghebru Asrat and his publisher must be informed that it is in their best interest to remove those books from the shelves that are being put for sale out of circulation within short period of time.
Yemane Tsegay M.S
Aerospace Engineer/Legal Advocate
Ghebru Asrat is intentionally misleading the Ethiopian people about Eritrea Reviewed by Admin on 8:50 AM Rating: