YPFDJ Europe concluded its Annual Training of Trainers (ToT) program in Denmark
|YPFDJ attending ToT program in Copenhagen, Denmark - (Photo Credit: YOUNG PFDJ)|
YPFDJ Europe concluded its Annual Training of Trainers (ToT) program in Copenhagen, Denmark
12 October 2014
YPFDJ Leaders who came from across Europe held their annual Training of Trainers ( ToT) event, where more than 60 chapter leaders and core YPFDJ members held three days event of meetings, workshops and lectures on topics ranging from organisational development, institutional building and strengthening PFDJ.
The three days event was attended by YPFDJ leaders from Switzerland, Italy, UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Holland have gathered to evaluate the status of the Eritrean Youth organisation and address crucial issues on strengthening the youth movement and empowering the leaders with knowledge and skills to serve the Eritrean youth and community and achieve the ultimate goal of serving their nation.
In the event Mr. Yonas Manna, Charge D'affaires of the Eritrean Embassy in Scandinavia was present to greet the participants and open the proceedings by giving opening speech and welcoming the youth to Scandinavia.
The 67 strong members of YPFDJ Europe were delegates who were chosen by their respective local YPFDJ chapters to represent them in the event and are expected to return to their chapters to inform and train their local members on the subjects discussed and agreed during the event.
The Training of Trainers (TOT) event is an annual YPFDJ Europe event which has being held since 2009 where the leaders and active members gather to develop key skills and knowledge to achieve the short and long term goals of the movement. The event was hosted by the local chapter YPFDJ copenhagen with close support and assistance of the Eritrean community in Denmark. The PFDJ chapter, National Union Eritrea Woman, Eritrean Community association under the collective umbrella of National Eritrean committee in Denmark have supported morally, financially and logistically to make the event successful.
Some of the key points discussed in this event was
- To clarify the bylaws of the chapters to help with clear methods of working across the movement including the role of the national chapter based leadership
- Update status of all national chapters of their activities during the last 6 months based on the work plan agreed in the 10th annual YPFDJ conference in Switzerland.
- Discussed and debated on Eritrea’s achievements over the past two decades and raised the weaknesses we have with the context of the numerous challenges we faced over the past decades; and use the assessment to strategize for the future.
- Discussed and approved the annual YPFDJ Europe work plan that will be implemented by all chapters
- Discussed and planned on all the large projects we implement together in Europe including the 11th YPFDJ conference that will be held in Germany during April 2015
During the 5th Training of Trainers (ToT) in copenhagen the following concluding remarks were agreed:
- to review and improve our organisational and working methods in our movement, a draft bylaws was presented and discussed during the gathering and was decided to be introduced in its draft status for final approval during the 11th YPFDJ conference in Germany.
- The organisational role and working methods of the YPFDJ National Boards was presented and agreed for immediate implementation
- The participants of the gathering discussed the current status of our nation in the context of our progress in nation building and highlighted the major achievements and present weaknesses we are facing as a nation. Participants agreed to increase their engagement and action by enhancing their understanding of the internal and external challenges facing our nation.
- To prioritise and increase the level of consciousness of members by planning different methods of knowledge raising sessions
- The current status of the YPFDJ strategic document will be coming to an end in 2014 and the gathering agreed to revise the YPFDJ Strategy document and work on implementing the vision, mission and goals stated in the document
- to work in close association and synergy with all national organisations in their respective locality
- to increase the close coordination and working method with Eritrea, the gathering agreed to strengthen the organisational link with NUEYS and other national institutions.
- The gathering agreed the next Training of Trainers 2015 event will be held in Italy.
Eternal Remembrance to our Martyrs!
Victory to the Masses
12 October 2014
Visit here for more pictures of the event
Originally posted on: Dehai.org
YPFDJ Europe concluded its Annual Training of Trainers (ToT) program in Denmark Reviewed by Admin on 12:14 AM Rating: