Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Trending

random
.

The new road infrastructure that will link Eritrea and Ethiopia will be inaugurated

Almost 90% of the road renovation and expansion works in Eritrea that connects Ethiopia have been done, and the remaining 10% of the task is expected to be completed in September.


This article was translated from Italian using online software 

The new road infrastructure that will link Eritrea and Ethiopia will be inaugurated

By Agenzia Nova

The new road infrastructure that will link Ethiopia and Eritrea will be inaugurated on 11 September (the date on which the Ethiopian New Year falls).

The announcement was made by the Ethiopian Ministry of Transport in a statement, according to which Eritrea will open the project in the middle of the Ethiopian next year.

The project, the note reads, has so far been completed for 90 percent and the remaining part should be completed within a couple of days.

The new road, whose construction works have been contracted out to five Eritrean companies, foresees the doubling of the roadway compared to the existing one and the construction of 25 new bridges.

The project is part of the normalization of relations between the two countries resulting from the signing of the historic Declaration of Peace of 9 July 2018, which established the end of 20 years of hostility.

The declaration foresees five "pillars": the end of the state of war between the two countries; the resumption of political, economic, social, cultural and security cooperation; the resumption of commercial, economic and diplomatic relations; the implementation of the Algiers agreement on borders; mutual commitment to work for regional peace.

The signing of the declaration was followed, among other things, by the reopening of the two embassies in the respective countries, the withdrawal of the respective troops from the Bure border crossing, the reopening of the Serha-Zalambesa road link and the restoration of direct flights to Asmara by the Ethiopian national airline Ethiopian Airlines.

Sponsored Ads
The new road infrastructure that will link Eritrea and Ethiopia will be inaugurated Reviewed by Admin on 3:22 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

All Rights Reserved by Madote © 2016

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.