Eritrea: 28th Issue of Eri-News
Pro Eritrean Cyclist Mekseb Debesay
The Press Section of the Permanent Mission of the State of Eritrea to the AU and UNECA has released its twenty-seventh bi-weekly newsletter.
Visit here to read the previous newsletter.
In this issue:
- Eritrean Foreign Minister met with the Prime Minister of Egypt
- Japanese Government Delegation held talks with Eritrean Government Officials
- Eritrea Presented Periodic Reports on the Implementation of the UN Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women
- Eritrea Participating in the 59th Session of the UN CSW
- Colluli: A World-Class, Low-Cost Potassium Project in Eritrea
- Eritrean Cyclist Mekseb Debesai Won International Tour of Blida in Algeria
Japanese Government Delegation held talks with Eritrean Government Officials
A Japanese Government Delegation headed by Mr. Hiroyasu Kobayashi, Ambassador in charge of RECs, Peace and Security in Africa, visited Eritrea in the first week of March 2015. The delegation met and held talks with the Eritrean Ministers of Foreign Affairs, Education, Energy and Mines, Tourism, as well as the Commissioner of Sports and Culture, and the Administrator of Central Region.
The discussions focused on strengthening the bilateral relations between Eritrea and Japan in educational, technical and professional domains.
Colluli: A World-Class, Low-Cost Potassium Project in Eritrea
Colluli Project is one of the several modern mining projects underway in Eritrea. The Colluli deposit is located in the eastern part of the country, approximately 350km south of Asmara and 180km from the port of Massawa.
The resource contains over 1.2 billion tonnes of potassium bearing salts suitable for the production of potash fertilizers, and is only 75km from the Red Sea coast making it one of the most accessible pot-ash deposits in the world.
The Eritrean National Mining Company (ENAMCO), and South Boulder Mines of Australia are 50-50 joint venture partners in the Colluli Mining Share Company (CMSC).
Eritrean Cyclist Mekseb Debesai Won International Tour of Blida in Algeria
Eritrean Cyclist Mekseb Debesai won the International Tour of Blida held in Algeria from 12-14 March 2015. In addition to securing the overall win, Mekseb also emerged as the best sprinter.
Eritrea: 28th Issue of Eri-News Reviewed by Admin on 5:14 AM Rating: